I know WhatsApp is now part of many peoples’ daily mobile lives, but can this app be used on your laptop or desktop computer?
The answer is yes, and this article explains exactly how you can use it on your laptop or desktop computer without any problems.
WhatsApp is the popular messaging app that has well over 1 billion subscribers. Its popularity has made it one of the most sought after social media tools for personal and business connections. The app works on smartphones where users get to share messages with their peers, contacts, clients or customers.
Talking about apps though, if you are looking for money making apps that you can use to start making extra money on the side, click here and check out this amazing survey app.
Many people like you are using it to make easy $5 to $25 everyday in their spare time. And don’t worry – it’s a 100% genuine app and has a staggering 4,000,000+ members (yes, that’s over 4 million members). Check it out here!
WhatsApp works in most smartphone operating systems like Android, iOS, Blackberry and Windows.
In some brands of phones it comes automatically installed while in others you simply go to the app store to download and install.
If you think WhatsApp only runs on mobile it’s now time for a rethink. This is because in 2016 WhatsApp announce the introduction of WhatsApp for Desktop app.
This is a desktop app that would allow you to access messages on your desktop or laptop computer.
It works much like WhatsApp Web which provides you with the means of accessing you messages anytime and anywhere – whether you are at home, office, or on transit.
Since WhatsApp has developed a version that would also run on laptop or desktop computer, you not only access WhatsApp on your smartphone, but you can as well access the app on a larger screen like the laptop or desktop.
The following are quick details on how to use WhatsApp on your laptop or desktop computer.
WhatsApp Web and WhatsApp’s Desktop APP – The online client for using WhatsApp on Laptop or Desktop
WhatsApp Web (visit https://web.WhatsApp .com/) is the desktop client that would allow you to use WhatsApp on your laptop or desktop.
Any action you take on your phone would automatically apply on your computer and vice versa.
The app provides you with richer communication experience. With the WhatsApp Web you get to see all your messages in both your phone and your desktop.
This is because the messages are automatically synced after installation of the desktop app.
To install WhatsApp web client on your computer you have to follow the steps described below:
- Go to the download page https://www.WhatsApp.com/download/ from your PC. If you have Mac then you should go to Apple App Store – You must have Windows 8 or newer or Mac OSX 10.9 (or newer) to able to download and install WhatsApp on your computer.
- You must know that if your operating system supports the installation of WhatsApp on your laptop or desktop then you will have native support for desktop notifications, keyboard shortcuts etc. You can do WhatsApp communication using most desktop functions.
- If your operating system doesn’t support WhatsApp then you can use any of the following browsers like Firefox, Chrome ,Safari, Opera, or Edge to open the WhatsApp Web page at https://web.WhatsApp .com/ WhatsApp on desktop and laptop works well with the right operating system or web browser.
- The WhatsApp Web will provide you with a display of WhatsApp QR code which you can scan and read from your phone. It is important that your phone has the features and functionality to scan and read QR code for this to work. Luckily, many smartphones and apps can be used to achieve this.
- To scan the QR Code with any of your phone like Android, iPhone or Windows you have to open your mobile app to WhatsApp – Menu – WhatsApp Web to start the code reader. This is the same process across different operating systems.
- Use the smartphone camera to scan the code and you will get to see your conversations fired up. This can be achieved as you get to Point your phone’s camera to the QR code on your PC screen. Automatically, if the WhatsApp reads the QR Code then your phone would synchronize with your desktop and you get to view your messages on the desktop screen.
You can start sending and receiving WhatsApp messages with this desktop feature. The web application allows you to select messages, forward messages, star messages, download images, send images, send videos and others files. You also get to start chats, mute chats, and manage group chats.
Also, you can still send voice notes, photos, emoji, and GIFs. You can also easily view your contact list and receive notifications on the computer.
WhatsApp will continue to work great for you on your laptop or desktop computer if you constantly upgrade your system or install the latest versions of the client. So, always be on the lookout for regular and necessary updates or upgrades to make the most of your WhatsApp.
Also See: Best Bloggers Apps.
The clear benefits of WhatsApp for Laptop or Desktop Computer
- The WhatsApp Web layout mirrors the mobile experience. This is done on a larger scale because the laptop or desktop has bigger screens. And this means better communication experience for the user. With this app, you now have the opportunity to access and send messages anywhere and at any time.
- Having WhatsApp on Laptop or desktop doesn’t mean you can completely manage this application from the desktop. You can only manage and update WhatsApp from your mobile device. More so, to get the best from using WhatsApp for laptop, you need to ensure you have a steady Wi-Fi or Internet connection.
- WhatsApp use on your laptop gives you additional method of accessing and sending messages. You can choose to view your messages with any screen. The advantage of viewing your chats on bigger screen is highly appealing.
- Although you cannot manage every details of your WhatsApp conversation through the desktop client but you will get wider and better viewer experience to make better communication.
- For those with some kind of visual disability, accessing WhatsApp on their laptop or desktop computer would provide a better experience. Straining of the eyes, for example, would be avoided as the screen gives a bigger view of the chat.
The use of WhatsApp Web interface to run WhatsApp on your laptop or desktop computer is more like mirroring your experience on the mobile device on a larger scale.
There are limitations to what you can do with WhatsApp on computer but it’s worth using since you can use it to send, receive and carryout some basic Web application tasks.
It’s advisable that you avoid using public or shared computers to access WhatsApp for web.
Don’t forget though, if you are looking for money making apps that you can use to start making extra money on the side, click here and check out this amazing survey app. Many people like you are using it to make easy $5 to $25 everyday in their spare time. And don’t worry – it’s a 100% genuine app and has a staggering 4,000,000+ members (yes, that’s over 4 million members).
Found This Article Helpful? Please Share It!