This very comprehensive review about “Way With Words” contains a lot about this audio transcription company and answers some of the FAQs you might have about it.
First things first…
Way With Words is an audio transcription company.
If you are interested in making money online and by transcribing audio documents for clients, then you should consider Way With Words.
This company has been around for a while and it has good ratings online.
You may want to know more about this company.
Of course, this is the reason you are reading this review.
Below are some of the most interesting facts and answers to the most frequently asked questions about Way With Words.
What is Way With Words?
Way With Words is an international audio-to-text services and solutions company.
It was launched in 2002 by Adam Kossowki, who is the current CEO. The company is a London-based human-powered transcription service business.
Way With Words provides all types of Work at home remote transcription jobs for clients.
This company provides English language audio, video, or custom transcription solutions to thousands of clients globally.
The transcribers working with this company are selected from all parts of the world.
Way With Words also has offices in the following locations:
- Greater Manchester, Great Britain
- New South Wales, Australia
- New York, New York, USA
- Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa.
What Services Does Way With Words Provide?
Way With Words provides lots of transcription services to clients.
They provide general transcriptions, legal transcriptions, and medical transcriptions services to clients.
They also serve clients in market research companies and the entertainment industry.
Apart from transcriptionists, Way With Words have openings for people who can work as captioners, data entry specialists, and copy typists.
Transcription service is the core focus of this company.
It transcribes audio and video for clients. The company also machine transcription polishing and speech collection for clients.
Who Is a Way With Words Transcriber?
If you have good transcription skills, then you can join Way With Words.
You become a Way With Words transcriber once you complete your profile registration and are selected to work by this company.
The selection process may include a rigorous process of testing and training on their abilities to research, understand and comply with the quality control, operational, and knowledge requirements of the company.
After completing a transcription project, you get paid.
You can be paid based on per audio minute.
Every qualified subscriber with this company is also known as an independent contractor.
You can work at your own pace and schedule.
However, all Way With Words’ independent contractors is vetted and required to sign contracts containing strict confidentiality and data protection clauses.
What Are the Requirements of Becoming a Way With Words Transcriber?
To become a Way With Word transcriber, you simply need to have an excellent knowledge of the various regional accents and variants of the English Language.
Way With Words hires by region and so you apart from understanding regional English Language accent, you must have a good ear and attention to detail.
Previous experience with transcription is not required.
You should have the following basic work tools as a transcriber with Way With Words:
- A computer or Laptop with a copy of Microsoft Word.
- An audio and video player software like VideoLan’s VLC Player.
- A grammar and spell checking software
- A transcription software
- A foot pedal
- A transcription headset. Etc.
Way With Words did not list the requirements for working with them.
However, the above-listed details can help you start on a sound footing while working as a transcriptionist anytime and anywhere.
The quality and skillsets are what distinguishes those who would be selected from those who are not.
Way With Words Application Process and Assessment Test
To apply as a transcriber with Way With Words, you have to sign up and enter your basic details.
There is no fee whatsoever associated with applying to work as a transcriptionist with Way With Words.
If your application is successful, you will be guided through training by a member of the Way With Words recruitment team.
The application process will involve you taking an assessment test.
This is necessary because Way With Words’ clientele expect top-quality transcripts.
In the test, your transcription skill is gauged to match the requirements of Way With Words.
The test will assess whether you have:
- Excellent knowledge of the English language
- A good ear for accents
- The ability to research and type accurately
- The ability to follow the stipulated formats
- The ability to meet stipulated deadlines.
If you pass the test in these areas then your application would be approved and you will start receiving jobs.
Meanwhile, you should know that the application and testing process of Way With Words are carried out in three phases listed:
- Second Phase
- Final Assessment
You have to pass at least 68 minutes in total of transcription tests provided by this company.
To make the most of the application process and so you can easily pass the test, you should read and understood the Way With Words Style Guide before you apply for a job with them.
What is Pay Rate of Transcribers?
With Way With Words, the pay rate for transcription jobs ranges from $0.45 – $1.73 per audio minute.
The rate varies based on the type of work you subscribe to and its urgency.
How Much to Earn to Working With Way With Words
Way With Words pays transcribers per audio minute.
If you have more experience with transcription then you are more likely to get paid more.
According to the site:
“We pay our transcribers per audio minute, which means we pay you per minute of audio that you have transcribed.
Generally, an experienced transcriber will transcribe at a ratio of 3 or 4:1 whereas a novice transcriber may transcribe at a rate of 8:1.
What this means is that it will take a novice transcriber eight minutes to transcribe one minute of audio accurately.
The more experience you gain, the faster you become and the more you can earn.”
On average, a transcriptionist who receives $0.45 – $1.73 per audio minute can earn between $27 and $107 per audio hour, depending on a variety of factors.
How Do Transcribers Get Paid?
Way With Words pays its transcribers every month.
There is no accumulation or payout limit.
Your earnings would be paid directly into your PayPal account.
Benefits of Working With Way With Words as a Transcriber
You will enjoy the following benefits when you apply to work with Way With Words:
- You can schedule when and where you want to work.
- You can earn how much you want if you decide to put in more time, energy, and proficiency.
- You can choose to transcribe from any English language accent you are comfortable with.
- Your earnings are often based on the project turnaround time.
- You can work with Way With Words if you are a highly proficient English first language speaker from any of the following countries the United Kingdom, United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, and South Africa.
- You don’t have to invest in any special software or equipment to work with this company.
- Once you pass the assessment test you would be provided with transcription jobs.
- Way With Words does not require you to work a minimum number of hours per month.
Also See: Skincare Brand Rodan and Fields Review.
Pros of Working With Way With Words
The following are the pros of working with this company:
- The company has flexible job schedules
- The company has lots of works from clientele and for its transcribers
- The company has a reliable and helpful support team.
- The company provides transcribers with the opportunity to make more money based on job availability.
- Joining Way With Words is free.
- Way With Words provides training when a candidate passes its assessment test.
- Candidates who did not pass the assessment test can apply and try again after 30 days.
- The application process and test assessment details are clearly stated for easy compliance in the style guide.
- Payment to independent contractors is not based on a specific threshold.
Cons of Working With Way With Words
Notwithstanding the many pros and benefits of working with Way With Words, there are still some cons and complaints associated with the use of this site.
The cons of using this platform include:
- The average pay for transcription work on this site is low compared to what other transcription sites offer.
- There is no guarantee of work all the time even though this company often has lots of works from clients.
- Way With Words has a very rigorous assessment procedure that an independent contractor must comply with before his/her application is approved.
- The assessment test results are hidden and you won’t know why you failed.
- Way With Words can easily remove some from their platform without explanation
Is Way With Words Legit or a Scam?
Way With Words is 100% legit. It is a legit work-at-home source of transcription, captioning, and data entry jobs.
The company has a verifiable contact address and location. The support team can be contacted for any issues.
Way With Words is legit and not a scam!
Way With Words offers people the opportunity to make money online. It is a company that offers transcription services to clients.
Clients are provided with the best of audio and video transcriptions. They can also take advantage of closed captioning and data entry services.
You can work with this company as an Independent Contractor.
You can work when you want and where you want as long as you get to provide top-quality transcripts that would suit the need of clients.
The above is a review of Way With Words. The frequently asked questions about this site are also revealed.