This a very comprehensive Vipkid review.
It contains all you need to know about this online tutoring company as well as answers to top FAQs you might have.
Because it can make you money tutoring online, from anywhere in the world.
ViPKid is a platform that allows teachers to connect with the students they teach.
First, this company has paid $25+ million to members:
It is one of the best educational apps that offer teachers the opportunities to teach foreign kids at their convenience.
What is VipKid?
ViPKid is a platform that allows you to teach English online.
It is an international educational promotion company that connects English Teachers with students from different parts of the world.
This platform provides an international learning experience to children in China between the ages of 4 to 12.
The curriculum uses a flipped-classroom approach to foster creativity and critical thinking skills.
ViPKid is based in Beijing, China, and San Francisco, USA.
It accepts eligible teachers from all over the United States and Canada.
Is ViPKid a Scam?
No, ViPKid is not a scam online tutoring site. It’s genuine and really pays those who qualify and work with them.
This platform is based in China and offers English teachers from different countries the opportunity to change the lives of kids without having to physically travel to China.
Benefits of Becoming a ViPKid Teacher
If you become a ViPKid teacher, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- You will get to teach when you want.
- You set your schedule as there are no minimum hour requirements.
- You just focus on teaching and don’t worry about developing a lesson plan. ViPKid has this covered. It provides the lesson plan based on their best-in-class curriculum.
- You are fairly compensated for your time and effort in imparting knowledge to students.
- The sign-up process is easy and the teacher requirements are not difficult to meet.
How to Become a ViPKid Teacher
To become a VipKid teacher, you need to check out answers to the following:
ViPKid Teacher Requirements
To become a ViPKid teacher, there are some requirements you need to meet. For you to be eligible to teach at ViPKid, you must:
- Have at least two years of experience in teaching, tutoring, coaching, mentoring, or working with students.
- Have obtained a bachelor’s degree or higher in any field or major.
- Be eligible to work in the USA or Canada.
- Be a native English speaker.
Technical Requirements to Work with ViPKid
As a teacher with ViPKid, there are technical requirements you are expected to put in place.
These are the tools and equipment you are expected to use when working with kids or students under this platform.
The technical requirements you get in place as a ViPKid tutor include:
- You need to have a Desktop, Laptop, Macbook, iPad, or Microsoft Surface. ViPKid does not support the use of Chromebook as of this time.
- Your device must be running Windows 7, 8, and 10; Mac OS 10. X or higher operating system. Also, the device should have Intel i5 processor or higher. 8GB RAM or higher.
- You need to put in place or work with a fast and stable Internet connection. It is recommended that you have a wired high-speed internet connection of = 25 Mb/s. This will allow you to get a smooth teaching and learning experience.
- You need an HD Webcam or a camera with a resolution of a least 2 megapixels. This is a high-quality camera that will allow your students to see you.
- You need a headset, with a microphone. Get a comfortable noise-canceling headset that will make your teaching more enjoyable.
- You need to provide a professional and educational background that appeals to parents or students. Ensure you apply vibrant colors like orange and tangerine.
- You need to install good lighting during your teaching. With good lighting, your face will look bright and your learners will look happy.
ViPKid Application Process
The application process to become a ViPKid teacher follows these steps:
- Sign up for a teacher account. Fill out an online application form and supply basic information about yourself. You can check out the teacher requirements for eligibility.
- Record a demo lesson video to show your teaching skill. This allows you to get a taste of what it is like teaching English online.
- It would interest you to know that ViPKid makes it simple for you to record your short demo lesson directly through their app or website.
- The team at ViPKid will review the recording and contact you if you have the required teaching skills.
- The next step is you become certified to teach at ViPKid.
- You would be assigned to a teacher mentor who will guide you to teach a mock class. This mentor already has experience teaching on ViPKid. He or she will guide you one-on-one on how to successfully teach English online like a pro.
- Once your performance is acceptable you become certified.
- The last step in the application process of becoming a ViPKid teacher is signing a contract with ViPKid.
- To achieve this you need to upload and fill in some required documents.
- Once you are through, you would start teaching English Online via ViPKid.
ViPKid highlights the stages that applicants must pass before becoming ViPKid teachers:
Again, this company has paid $25+ million to members:
“1. Basic Info: Fill in an online application form, so we can screen for basic requirements and teaching experience.
2. Interview or Recorded Interview: Join us for a 30-min session where you showcase your teaching skills to a ViPKid recruiter OR Record your demo lesson at your own time so that a VIPKid recruiter can evaluate you.
3. Introduction to Teaching: Watch videos to learn about the VIPKid technology, standards, and curriculum.
4. Mock class: Practice teaching a full-length class with one of our VIPKid teachers.
5. Sign your contract, upload docs & complete background check: The information you provide will help us comply with our online safety and security standards and create a profile that allows VIPKid students and parents to know you and book you.
6. Full-fledged VIPKid teacher: Put your time slots on your portal so that VIPKid students can start booking you. Get ready to teach!”
ViPKid Teaching Hours
ViPKid teaching hours are the time allowed or spent by a ViPKid teacher to impart knowledge or interact with students.
ViPKid offers flexible hours for teachers to meet their schedules.
If you become a ViPKid teacher, then you can take advantage of the following:
- You spend 25 minutes on active teaching time per class.
- You teach as many hours as you would like to. There is no minimum hour nor time commitment when you teach at this platform.
So, you have 100% control over your schedules.
- You can set your schedule using the ViPKid Teach app. You can also change the schedule if at any time you change your mind.
If you are a new teacher and want to get bookings, then you need to check out the Peak Peak Time (PPT).
This is when teachers get the most bookings.
The Peak Peak Time (PPT) often occurs around 6 am – 9 am (EDT) or around 6 pm-9 pm Beijing Time.
- Best Ways to Get Paid to Go to Nursing School
- Best Ways to Get Paid to Teach English in Israel
- Best Ways to Get Paid to Teach English on Skype
- Best Ways to Get Paying Side Jobs for Tutors
- Best Ways to Get Non-Native English Teaching Jobs
How Does ViPKid Pay Work?
At ViPKid, the payment fundamentals are explained in the following highlights:
You get paid per class
Your earnings are based on the number of classes you teach. Of course, this applies to the teaching hours you expend on the platform.
Please note that VIPKid signs 6-month contracts with teachers, and you can work as much or as little as you’d like.
With ViPKid, earnings are calculated based on the number of classes you’ve taught and your base pay rate per class, which is $7-9 per class.
Since classes are 25-minutes each, you can earn the equivalent of $14-18 per hour.
The base pay is based on various factors, such as experience, the demo lesson, and the qualifications of the teacher.
You can earn more as incentives
Apart from the pay from referrals, ViPKid teachers will earn more as incentives.
They can earn more from teaching more classes, you earn from making referrals, and taking part in other earning opportunities.
In the end, a ViPKid teacher can earn around $14-22 per hour when you combine the base pay plus incentives.
You are responsible for your taxes
As a VipKid teacher, you are responsible for your taxes under individual tax jurisdictions or state laws.
VipKid does not withhold taxes from independent contractors or its teachers. However, a completed W-9 form is required before signing your contract.
You earn on your terms
As a ViPKid teacher, you earn on your terms. Also, you can enjoy the following when it comes to your earnings:
- Your earnings are paid directly to your bank account or PayPal wallet.
- You can customize your payment schedule and choose to be paid weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly.
- You can track your earnings in one place through the VipKid Teach App.
- You also get to enjoy community perks from VipKid’s partners like Amazon, TurboTax, ClassPass, and more.
VipKid is a platform that has been making its mark when it comes to learning.
This post has provided a quick review of this platform.
Most importantly, the answers to the most frequently asked questions from teachers are shared here.
Again, this company has paid $25+ million to members: