If you are fascinated about playing poker then it is possible you have probably heard about “Strip Poker”.
This is a type of poker game where the characters actually strip off their clothes.
Are you surprised? If yes, then read on to know more about this variant of poker and how it is played.
What is Strip Poker?
Strip poker is a poker game whereby the losing player is allowed to strip his or her clothes.
The essence of the game is to create fun and embarrassment for players.
It is a party game and a variation of the traditional poker game where the players remove their clothing after losing a round of the game.
Strip poker was popular in brothels in the 19th century New Orleans in the United States. According to many sources like the online etymology dictionary, the term was first used in 1916.
In the game of strip poker, young men started playing it as a prank. However, by the late 1930s, the mixed-gender version where men and women played became the norm.
The mixed-gender variety was called “mixed strip poker” in England. This is to differentiate it from the all-male variety.
By the way, if strip poker game is not your thing, there are many games and fun things you can do that even make you money. The below articles right here on Kingged.com reveals such games and fun things that can make you good money:
- Tips for Making Money Watching Movies
- Tips for Making Money Doing Fun Things Online
- Tips for Making Money Playing Games
- Tips for Making Money Taking Pictures
- Tips for Making Money Chatting Online
- Tips for Making Money Listening To Music
- Tips for Making Make Money Watching Videos
They are all free articles to read and benefit from, especially if you are one who loves games or fun activities.
How to Play Strip Poker
Strip poker has many variations and rules. The players will agree and comply with the rules when playing a game.
First off, before a strip poker is played, a group of like-minded people will come together to agree to play the game. In most cases, the group will consist of four or five individuals.
The rules of the game are set and the game can start off once everyone agrees to the rules.
For instance, the group can play the Five Card Draw form of poker. This is the simplest form of poker. It is favored for home games around the world.
This type of poker game requires little preparation and all you need is a deck of cards and at least two players.
To apply the Five Card Draw Rules in strip poker, you may have to check out the explanations by Pokerrules.net:
“Start a hand of Five Card Draw Strip Poker by dealing five face-down cards to each player.
If you are using betting rounds, the first round would take place after the players have received their cards. The betting begins with the player to the left of the dealer and continues clockwise around the table.
Each player may then discard up to five cards and replace those with cards drawn at random from the deck. At the end of the drawing round, each player should have five cards.
After the draw, there is another betting round (if you are having betting rounds).
The players now enter a showdown and reveal their cards. The player with the best five-card poker hand wins. The winner may either choose a player to lose an article of clothing, or all the losers have to remove one piece of clothing.
Once the required piece(s) of clothing has been removed, the deck is shuffled and a new hand can begin. Have fun!”
Remember, the above explanation explains how to play strip poker with the Five Card Draw Rules.
You can also apply strip poker to other draw poker games like Anaconda, Dr. Pepper, 2-7 Triple Draw, Texas Hold’em, Jacks or Bette, Heinz 5, or Honky Tonk, etc.
The point is that whichever variation of poker you are applying, the loser or losers have to strip their clothes.
Who Can Play Strip Poker
Strip poker can be played by anyone who is open-minded. It can be played by same-sex adults or mixed genders. As long as you have similar orientations, you are good to go.
In most cases, the aims of the players are similar, and so, two people with the same mindset are fit to play in this game.
Remember, if you are not comfortable getting your clothes off in the midst of others then this game is not for you.
The game is best played with people you feel comfortable being around with.
Things You Need to Play Strip Poker
You should make sure that the following are in place if you are planning to set up or play strip poker:
- A sense of humor
- Clean underwear
- Curtains! (recommended by your neighbors)
- Drinks (optional)
- The consequential lowered inhibitions (optional)
Once again, if games like strip poker don’t tickle your fancy, there are many games and fun things you can. Some even make you money while still having fun, like the belowarticles right here on Kingged.com reveal:
- How You Can Be Making Money Watching Netflix
- How You Can Be Making Money Eating Food
- How You Can Be Making Money Playing Quiz
- How You Can Be Making Money Mystery Shopping
- How You Can Be Making Money Testing Products
- How You Can Be Making Money Just Sending SMS
- How You Can Be Making Money Doing Paid Surveys
- How You Can Be Making Money Just Using Your Apps
- How You Can Be Making Money Answering Questions
Types of Strip Poker
There are many variations or types of strip pokers. The popular ones are:
- You strip every time you lose a hand
- The winner chooses who strips
- Bet clothes instead of chips – After the showdown, the players who stayed in and lost remove the clothes they wagered.
- Truth or Dare mash-up – where not only you strip from your clothes if you lose, but you also have to either say the truth or fulfill a challenge.
- Strip poker online – where you visit a website online and play with a male or female opponent.
- Video strip games
- Texas Hold’em
- 5-card draw
Also See: Best Girly Games (including some you probably haven’t played yet)
Rules of Strip Poker
The following is a quick example of how a typical strip poker game is played. This example is culled from 888Poker:
- Ensure each player has a similar number of items of clothing before the game starts. You can group items or accept jewelry if you need to make it a little fairer.
- Players nominate an item of clothing as an ante.
- Players are dealt five cards. They are allowed to look at two, with the other three remaining face-down in front of them.
- A flop is dealt.
- Players have the option to exchange any of their known cards for an equivalent number of unknown cards. Discarded cards are mucked and no longer in the game.
- Turn is dealt.
- Players can exchange ONE of their cards with a face-down cards if they wish.
- River is dealt.
- There is a showdown, with the worst hand losing the item that they nominated as their ante.
- Once you’re out of clothing, you must await the next game.
Tips for a Good Strip Poker Game
The following tips should guide you to make the most of your Strip Poker game:
- Set a clear rule before your start.
- The rules of strip poker should be flexible and should be intended to generate an atmosphere of fun in an adult or adolescent group.
- Know and agree to the rules before you start playing.
- Play with like-minded friends. Make sure everybody is comfortable.
- Chose the variation you want to play.
- Don’t be rude or judgmental about other players’ bodies.
- To be fair, everybody should have the same number of clothes/ accessories.
- If a sexual situation does arise, make sure everyone is happy with that, or keep the game platonic.
- Make sure everyone is playing because they are having fun, and don’t force anyone to stay who doesn’t want to.
The above are quick but helpful details on what you should know about strip poker. If you fancy this type of naked game then by all means get on board with it!