This article looks at the best sites like Etsy and exactly why you should consider each as an alternative.
Etsy is an online marketplace that specializes in connecting buyers and sellers of handmade products.
A lot of people use this platform to list and sell handicrafts like pieces of jewelry, cardboard designs, necklaces, and other forms of artwork.
This website is well known for people who like to buy and sell handmade items. As at the time of writing this article, Etsy has more than seven million unique visitors daily.
If you have used Etsy in the past to sell your products, then you may be considering an alternative.
This decision may be borne out of the fact that you have made the most of this platform and also want to leverage the features of similar websites.
Or, it could be that your experience with Etsy was not palatable and you want an alternative platform to interact with.
Whatever be your reason for seeking alternative websites like Etsy, you should know that there are sites that operate in a similar way to Etsy.
First of all, here are what you should know about Etsy.
Etsy is an online marketplace to buy and sell all things handmade. Buyers visit this site to shop for artworks, handicrafts, vintage products, and other forms of creative items.
The site has different categories that make it easier for visitors to find what they want.
Sellers can use the features of this site to list, promote and sell their handmade items with ease.
Etsy was launched in 2005 and has risen to become a leading e-commerce website for the buying and selling of unique handmade items.
More than 50 million customers have bought from this platform since it was launched.
Also, the database of Etsy hosts almost two million active sellers.
Best Sites like Etsy and Why Each Rocks
1. Amazon Handmade
Amazon Handmade was launched in 2015. It is a specialist store area under the Amazon website. In this store, handcrafted goods are offered.
You can register with Amazon Handmade to sell your handicrafts.
On this platform, you can sell items like handcrafted goods, home decorations, jewelry, stationery, fashion accessories, and more.
Amazon Handmade will take 15% commissions on sales. Artists pay a 15% referral fee with a $1 minimum
Why Amazon Handmade rocks as one of the best alternatives to Etsy:
- You can list as many handcrafts items as you wish on this platform.
- If you list more than 40 items on this site, you can register the professional sell plan where you pay $39.99 listing cost.
- If you sell less than 40 items, you don’t pay any listing fee. This is the handmade seller’s plan. On this plan, handmade at Amazon charges a 12% referral fee, with a minimum applicable of $0.5 per item, on sales of goods.
- This platform has tools that would help you promote and sell your items fast.
- The commission on sales from this site is lower than what you pay with Etsy.
Click here to check out Amazon Handmade as one of the best alternatives to Etsy.
Bonanza is another popular online marketplace for the buying and selling of different items.
If you are looking for an alternative to Etsy or alternative to Amazon where you can also sell your handmade items, then consider Bonanza.
This site provides you with the necessary tools you need to promote, manage, and sell your items.
This platform is suitable for sellers who would like to reach out to new audiences are willing to negotiate prices.
If you are already selling on Etsy, eBay, and other similar marketplaces, then you will find Bonanza very helpful. This is because it has features that allow you to import items from these other platforms.
Other interesting features that make this platform stand out include:
- You will only pay sales fees based on the Final offer Value (FOV). This is the price plus any of the shipping charges exceeding $10.
- There is no listing fee.
- Bonanza has many unique visitors every month. It would interest you to know that the average number of unique visitors per month on this site is more than 900,000.
- Bonanza has more than 300,000 registered users with over 3.4 million items for sale.
- Any item with a FOV under $500 receives a 3.5% sales commission.
Similarly, any item with a FOV value greater than $500 receives a fee of $17.50 plus 1.5% of the amount over $500.
- You should also know that the maximum possible fee is $250.
- Bonanza offers helps sellers to promote their products. They offer an advertising service within the platform at an additional cost.
Click here to check out Bonanza as one of the best sites that rock like Etsy.
Artfire is another awesome marketplace that offers services like Etsy. It was launched in 2008 and has It is a perfect place to buy or sell handmade items.
On this site, you can also access vintage items and craft supplies.
If you are selling your handmade items on Artfire, you can choose from three of its selling plans.
These plans are the standard plan, the popular plan, and the featured plan.
These plans range from $4.95 per month to $40 per month. The standard plan allows you to list your item at 23 cents per item.
Artfire has many interesting features that make it rock. These include:
- Shoppers can post “Wanted” ads if they are looking for specific items.
- Only vintage items, handmade goods, and craft supplies can be sold on it.
- It offers three selling plans for users to choose from.
- People from all over the world can use this site to buy, sell and interact as a craft and maker community.
- This site has features like those found in Etsy. These include that it has coupon codes, automatic shipping notifications, and mobile-friendly shops.
Coriandr is a handmade marketplace based in the UK. You can use this site as an alternative to Etsy.
This site has many sellers that buy and sell varieties of handmade items.
On this site, there are also promotional tools that can help you build a shop to promote and sell your items.
Some features make Coriandr rocks. These include:
- There is no monthly fee paid by sellers when they list or sell items on this site.
- The listing fee is very small, and it is a one-time fee of just 20 pence.
- There is just a 2.5% commission on items sold on this platform.
Aftcra is another popular and ledit American website where handcrafted items can be sold easily.
This site operates like Etsy and could be a perfect alternative to consider.
It was launched in 2013 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and since then, it has grown to become one of the best marketplaces to sell artsy goods.
Aftcra marketplace has a strict definition of what ‘handmade’ items should be.
So, you must comply with the ‘definition’ to set up a store and list your handicrafts.
Apart from the above features, Aftcra rocks in so many other ways that include that:
- The site does not charge any fee for users to set up a store and list items.
- The site would only charge a 7% transaction fee when an item sells.
- You can easily use this site to find items made in America
Click here to check out Aftcra as one of the best alternative sites to Etsy.
6. Big Cartel
Big Cartel is another well known online platform that caters to makers of handmade items.
If you are a crafter, artist, or entrepreneur that deals with handmade or handcrafted items, then you should be using Big Cartel.
This platform has features that are similar to those you will find in Etsy.
Some of the things that make Big Cartel rocks include:
- Sellers will only pay a flat monthly fee. This will depend on the number of products they sell.
- Sellers can communicate with buyers directly through a contact form.
- Big Cartel offers sellers templates they can customize for their website or online store.
- Big Cartel focuses on smaller, more artistic stores. So, makers, crafters, and artists can use this platform to grow into bigger handmade businesses.
- There are no transaction fees.
- This platform is fully hosted.
- Big Cartel has a free plan that can be used by newbies to test the features of the platform.
- The free plan is referred to as a ‘Gold’ plan. You can list 5 products for free.
- Big Cartel has paid plans that allow users to enjoy better deals. These plans and their payments include Platinum which allows you to list 25 products for $9.99, the Diamond plan which allows you to list 100 products for $19.99, and the Titanium plan which allows you to list 300 products for $29.99.
- The Big Cartel marketplace is easy to use because of its easy user interface.
Click here to check out Big Cartel as one of the best alternatives to Etsy.
Other websites you can also check out include
7. Ruby Lane
Other Interesting Articles To Consider:
- How to Make Money Riding Your Bike
- Make Money In Your Neighborhood
- Best Alternative Sites to Upwork
- How to Make Money on Twitch
- How To Make Money on Snapchat
- How to Make Money on Maternity
- How To Make Money as Medical Student
- Shipt Versus Instacart for Delivering
- Uber Versus Lyft for Driving
- How to Succeed in Small Scale Business
- How to Be a Successful Businessman
- Wood Crafts to Sell at Craft Shows
- Crafts To Sell at Farmers Market
- Most Profitable Crafts to Sell
As this article has shown, there are indeed other best sites like Etsy that can be used to achieve similar or even better results.