This is a very comprehensive and helpful Leapforce review. It provides very helpful details about this jobs platform as well as answers to top FAQs.
First things first, Leapforce is no longer a site of its own. It is now acquired by a competitor called Appen.
The acquisition has strengthened Appen but it is still important we are reminded of what Leapforce used to be when it was operated as a company of its own.
This is a quick review of Leapforce. It will tell you everything you need to know about this platform. You will find answers to the most frequently asked questions about LeapForce.
What is Leapforce?
Leapforce was an online platform for people looking for online jobs to do from the comfort of their homes.
It offered flexible work opportunity to members. You could sign up with this website and work as an independent contractor when you want and where you want.
Leapforce mainly hired independent contractors to work and evaluate search engine results. These workers checked out the results displayed by search engines during search and mark out the irrelevant results.
Leapforce was a company that provided human evaluation and annotation of datasets for use in search, text, image, video, and mapping.
It operated in over 35 countries, covering more than 28 different languages and locales.
Leapforce was founded in the USA with its headquarters was in Pleasanton, California.
Where are the countries of eligible workers of Leapforce?
Leapforce hired individuals from different parts of the world. Individuals from the USA, UK, Sweden, Ukraine, Philippines, Mexico, Japan, Taiwan, Kazakhstan, China, Belgium, France, Greece, Israel, Hong Kong, Egypt, and Australia, etc.
In fact, members of Leapforce could cut across different continents of the world. It is interesting that you also know that members of Leapforce are hired for the languages.
Who can use LeapForce?
There is two class of individuals that uses LeapForce. These are the search engines that partners with companies like LeapForce to provide them with information about their search results.
The second class of users is individuals like you who are independent contractors that verify search results and provide feedback that would be useful for the search engines when they develop or update their search algorithm.
What are the basic skills and technical requirements for working with Leapforce?
LeapForce demands you have the basic skills and requirements to work as a search engine evaluator.
In this vein, here are the requirements you must possess to work and succeed as LeapForce’s agent:
- You must be at least 18 years old before you can apply for a job at this company.
- You must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- You must own a personal computer with steady Internet access.
- You must carve out an area in your home where you can work without distractions.
- You must be ready to take and pass the three-part qualification test
- You must have adequate written communication skills and good comprehension.
- You must be fluent in English. For opportunities in other languages/areas, you must pass a language qualification exam.
- You need a valid Tax Identification number.
How can one make money with LeapForce?
To make money with Leapforce, you must register and participate in the qualifying tests. If you are hired then projects would be sent to your way.
Of course, these projects are so you can evaluate search engine results. After you are through with the evaluation, you then submit your feedback.
You can complete each project whenever you like and you can work from your home and make money.
After you submit the project, you can also submit an invoice. This invoice will show the number of hours you have worked.
LeapForce will send your money within 30 days of the receipt of your invoice.
How much does LeapForce pay its workers?
LeapForce does not state how much it pays each independent contractor. However, it does states that payments are made hourly.
Based on reviews and discusses ions from individuals who have worked on this platform, the average hourly pay from LeapForce is around $13.50. This pay rate is reported by US and Canadian search engine evaluators.
The pay rate could differ from countries. In the UK and few select European countries, LeapForce pays an average of $14 per hour.
You are not expected to pay any fees to make money online with LeapForce, but you must take into account that you still need to pay income tax and run the cost of Internet data and power bill.
How does LeapForce pay its agents?
Search engine evaluators are paid once per calendar month. Payment is made via direct deposit, and you will need a valid bank account.
How can you get hired by Leapforce?
If you are interested in working independently for LeapForce, then you must fill out an application form and pass a qualifying exam.
The exam is usually in three parts. They are put up to test your:
- Theoretical knowledge of search engines.
- Practical comprehension of evaluating search engines.
- Test of grammar.
These tests have different lengths and could be completed in different timing. For instance, the first part of the test is general and fairly short.
The second part involves simulation. It could be very long and could take several days to complete.
The third part is also practical in nature, and you mays spend some time to complete it.
If you pass these tests or qualifying exams, then you would be hired.
However, if you fail them, there could be a possibility that you will retake them. If you don’t have this opportunity then you will not be hired by LeapForce.
What is the application process time for Leapforce?
Working for LeapForce doesn’t come easy. You will not get approved fast. The company takes time to process your application.
It may take from a few days to up to six months before your application could be approved. One reason for this long time of approval is the thousands of applications received by this company every day.
That said, to ensure you get fast approval, you must comply with their terms so that your application is not rejected.
However, if after six months you don’t get a reply from LeapForce, you may have to re-apply using the same email address.
What are the job opportunities that Leapforce provide for independent contractors?
The main job opportunity for those who apply to LeapForce is search engine evaluator job.
This work opportunity allows the employee to check for the irrelevant content on the Search Engine results page and rank them accordingly.
The criteria for ranking is provided by LeapForce.
Apart from search engine evaluation, other job opportunities from Leapforce include:
- Search Quality Judge – In this job, you will get to review web related search information and provide a quality evaluation of the tasks provided. A good analytical skill is required in this type of job offered by LeapForce.
- Social Media evaluator – You will get paid to help evaluate and rate ads posted on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and so on.
- Map Quality Analyst – You will help improve and evaluate web-based mapping data especially in the geographical area send to you.
There are other job tasks you may encounter in LeapForce. The truth remains that the job titles could change but all the jobs are centered on Internet research and analysis of Internet-based data to help search engines and online companies make better decisions on their data.
What are the pros of joining LeapForce?
There are lots of pros working with LeapForce as a search engine evaluator. These pros are the positives of working with this platform.
- You have the opportunity to work from home. This saves you the cost of commuting to a specific office or a workplace
- You can set your own work schedule and work at your own time
- You have an opportunity to earn extra income in your spare time
- You will be your own boss and take decisions by yourself.
- You will learn new skills and improve your communication
- You will take advantage of a good training program
- You can work with your computer and make money without making any phone calls.
- You are not restricted to work minimum hours in a week.
- You will get your payments on time – net 30 days!
- You will take advantage of an effective and reliable support system.
What are the cons of joining LeapForce?
As there are pros for joining LeapForce, there are equally cons or negatives about this program. These include:
- You will not get approval at once as your application has to undergo a thorough approval process.
- You may experience a hard time passing the qualifying exam.
- You will not always get enough work
- You will get to do tedious and repetitive tasks.
- You are responsible for your own taxes
- Your application and work are subjected to the most stringent and consistent quality checks.
- Your contract can be terminated without notice or reason.
Is LeapForce a Scam or Legitimate company?
LeapForce is a legitimate company. It is not a scam. There are lots of negatives and complaints associated with it, yet, it is still a genuine platform that hires and pays people that could complete search engine evaluation projects.
Other Survey and Reward Sites To Consider for Making Money:
- Survey Junkie
- Prolific Academic
- Survey Rewardz
What is the relationship between Appen and LeapForce?
Appen is a company that provides similar services like LeapForce. It employs independent agents that enjoy the flexibility to choose who much and when to work.
In fact, Appen provides the following work opportunities as shared in its Become an agent page:
- Search Media Evaluation (Work with the world’s top search engine companies)
- Social Media Evaluation (Help improve social media around the globe)
- Transcription Jobs online.
- Survey and Data Collection (Short projects that last from 15 minutes to three hours)
- Linguistic Specialties (Text to Speech, Computational, Phonetics, Pronunciation, Annotation, etc.)
- Lexicon Annotation
- Speech Evaluation
In 2017, Appen acquired Leapforce to bolster its operations. The acquisition involves a $105.3 million, 80% cash and 20% equity deal.
Other Jobs That Pay Very Well
Apart from search engine evaluation jobs, there are other jobs that may not make as much money but can put food on the table. Below are some such jobs to consider:
- Best Software Testing Jobs You Can Do Working From Home
- Best Work at Home Nursing Jobs (& Genuine Sites That Find You Paying Jobs)
- Envelope Stuffing Jobs Lies & The Hidden Truths Many People Are Unaware Of
- Jobs That Involve a Lot of Travel & Genuine Companies That Find You Such Jobs
- Food Taster Jobs That Pay You To Eat Food & Some Companies That Actually Pay
- Virtual Counselor Jobs and 6 Best Places to Find the Right Jobs That Pay Well
- Work Online From Home And Get Paid and Top Programs That Really Pay
- Making Money With Online Data Entry Jobs and Genuine Companies That Pay
- How To Get Paid To Teach English Online and Companies That Actually Pay
- SMS Sending Jobs Scams To Avoid and Genuine Companies That Really Pay
Again, these jobs may not pay as much as acting jobs do, but they can help bring much needed money on a consistent basis.
The above are the important things you should know about LeapForce.
This comprehensive review has highlighted how agents made money with the platform. Today, LeapForce is now Appen.