This is a helpful Knetbooks review that shows whether this is a scam or a legit platform.
It also answers very important questions most people have about it, especially how it works and how/what you can benefit from using it.
What Is Knetbooks?
Knetbooks is a website where textbooks are rented.
This company offers users or students physical textbooks for rentals.
First, this company has paid $25+ million to members:
Yes, it focuses solely on rentals.
Students can look up the books they want to rent by imputi0ng the title, author, or ISBN, etc.
Knetbooks was launched in 2009 and has stayed true to its promise of making textbook rentals affordable to help students save hundreds of dollars each semester.
Since the launch of this company, it has made tremendous progress serving more than 322,000 students and helping them save more than $32 million in college expenses.
Knetbooks has its headquarters in Lexington, Kentucky, USA.
Is Knetbooks a Scam or Legit Textbooks Rental Platform?
Knetbooks is definitely not a scam. It’s a legit textbooks rental platform.
It is one of the very popular companies where people go to rent books.
College students, business professionals, and other people will find the features of this site very useful.
How Does Knetbooks Works?
If you are interested in using Knetbooks as a rental platform, here are the easy steps you may need to follow:
- Rent – You can sign up with this platform to rent the book you want.
- Use your email, Google, or Facebook account to sign up.
- Start the rental process, insert the book title, author name, or ISBN on the search bar.
- The search result will turn a list of books related to your searches.
- Click on the “add to shopping cart” button. This will take you to a page where you are going to complete your order. Of course, you are going to fill in your address and other details so that the company can ship the items to you.
- After paying, the book is sent to you. Shipping is free in both ways – That is, you don’t pay for shipping when the book is sent to your address and when you return it.
- Read – You receive and read the book you rented from Knetbooks.
- Return – You return the book you have rented.
Types of Textbooks Rented Through Knetbooks
At Knetbooks, you can rent textbooks of different titles.
These books cover different fields of learning.
The most popular categories you can borrow from include Business Management, Engineering, Physical Science, Social Science, Medical, and Mathematics.
Fees Associated With Using Knetbooks
There are different types of fees associated with Knetbooks. These include:
The rental cost. This is the amount you pay for renting a book.
Late fee – This is charged by Knetbooks if you don’t return a book by its due date. This fee could be 50%-100% of the purchase price of the book.
Extension fee – This is the fee charged if you decide to extend your rental period beyond its original due date. The fee is calculated based on the value of the book and the extension period.
Expedited shipping – It would interest you to know that standard shipping of books with Knetbooks is free. However, if you want your book to arrive sooner then you will pay a fee.
Highlights of expedited shipping fees include:
- One-day shipping costs $22.00 per shipment + $6.99 per item.
- Two-day shopping costs $13.00 per shipment + $3.99 per item.
- Expedited shipping (1-5 business days) costs $5.00 per shipment + $2.00 per additional item.
Why Choose Knetbooks to Rent Books?
There are lots of companies that do book rentals but choosing Knetbooks brings lots of benefits.
The following are reasons to choose Knetbooks as a book rental platform.
The process of Renting books is easy
You can simply follow the process of rent, read and returning the books.
You enjoy Free and fast shipping
Knetbooks offers completely free and fast shipping to users. You don’t pay for the shipping of the books you have rented.
Also, when you are done reading, you will enjoy free shipping. So, you can choose Knetbooks because it’s completely free and fast shipping both ways.
You can Pick Your Due Date
Knetbooks allows you to pick your date. This will allow you to control when you want the book and how much you want to spend.
The due dates you can choose to rent textbooks on this platform include Semester, Quarter, or Short Term.
You can Extend Your Rental at any time
You can choose to extend your rental at any time you want. The process of extension is quite easy.
You save a lot of money renting textbooks from Knetbooks
With this company, you can save 90%+ off new list prices.
You enjoy a Refund Guarantee
Again, this company has paid $25+ million to members:
All books rented at Knetbooks come with a 25-day refund guarantee. The exception to this is for short-term rentals which must be received within 15 days.
Key Features of Knetbooks
The following are the key features of Knetbooks that can make you choose the platform as your rental platform.
Shipping and Returns
One of the most interesting features or offers of Knetbooks is that all books from it are shipped for free.
The free shipping is not only when the books move from Knetbooks, it also applies when customers/renters are returning the book.
So, when you pay for book rental that is the price of the rental without shipping.
There is no shipping charge!
Similarly, when you are done reading, you can simply print off the return label and ship the book back to Knetbooks.
At Knetbooks, renters are allowed to choose their rental period.
This period ranges from a semester, a quarter, and a short-term rental.
A semester may last up to 94 days depending on the school curriculum.
Renters can pay and rent the books they want to be based on the period they are comfortable with.
Knetbooks offers users the opportunity to extend their rental dates.
If they are not through with the book before the original date, there is an extension opportunity.
You can extend your rental for 15, 30, 60, 90, or 130 days from your original due date.
When you are making an extension, Knetbooks charges a fee.
Knetbooks provides several rules and policies concerning usages of the books it rents out. These usage rules include the following:
- Many people like to highlight pages of the book they are reading. If you borrow a book from this company then you are allowed to highlight it. Yes, Knetbooks allows highlighting but discourages renters from writing in the book.
- However, Knetbooks reserves the right to charge you the full price of the book if you highlight more than 30% of the book, or if you write too much in the margi0ns.
- If a book borrowed is damaged beyond repair, including writing and too much highlighting, Knetbooks could charge you the full price of the book. Any rental return damaged will be charged for the damage. Well, this is to encourage careful handling of Knetbooks’ rentals.
Knetbooks has a very strong policy when it comes to the return of its books.
If you are borrowing a textbook from this company then you must be ready to comply with the return policy by all means.
In the rental agreement, Knetbooks can charge you the full purchase price of the book (less any rental fees you have already paid) if they don’t receive the book on its due date.
There is no grace period before any late fees kick in.
However, to avoid the high late return fees, you may simply apply for an extension and pay the extension charges.
Supplemental materials include things like CDs and access codes.
They are also learning materials that come with some books.
At Knetbooks, there is no guarantee that a borrower can access supplemental materials.
So, you can make extra provisions and buy your supplemental materials elsewhere.
Does Knetbooks Sell Books?
Knetbooks is all about book rentals.
It doesn’t sell books.
However, it has a sister site called “Sellbackbooks.com”.
From the Knetbooks website, you can click on this site to sell textbooks with Knetbooks.
According to this site:
“We make it simple, fast, and profitable for you to sell books.
Do you have textbooks on your shelf that you’re never going to open again?
Sell them to us! Clear the clutter and get extra cash in your pockets.
With free shipping and fast turnarounds, Knetbooks makes it easy to get top dollar for your old textbooks!”
All you need to visit the Sellbackbook.com website and follow these steps:
- Use the search bar and insert the ISBN of your book.
- Click the “Get Quote” button.
- If you accept the price, ship the book to the company for free.
- Get paid fast with the Direct Deposit option of the company.
Check out the following books’ related articles:
- How to Make Money Selling Books on eBay
- How to Make Money Reading Audiobooks
- How to Make Money Publishing Children’s Books
- How to Get Free Books by Mailed to You
- How to Get Books to Read Online For Free
- How to Get Free Books For Kids to Read
The above is a review of Knetbooks.
It is a company that rents books out to college students and other people.
It has many features which allow users to make the most of the platform.
Again, this company has paid $25+ million to members: