If you want to know how to make money selling Stickers on Etsy, then you should definitely read this article.
It reveals a lot about how selling Stickers on Etsy, especially doing things the right way, to consistently make good money.
First things first…
You should know that stickers are among the best-selling items on Etsy.
These items are small but peculiar. They can be digital or non-digital.
Selling stickers on Etsy is a new buzz. A lot of people are making money with them.
If you are among those who would like to start making money selling stickers on Etsy, then keep reading because this article is for you.
What Are Stickers?
First off, it would be a good thing to remind us what stickers are.
According to Wikipedia, “A sticker is a type of label: a piece of printed paper, plastic, vinyl, or other material with pressure-sensitive adhesive on one side.
They can be used for decoration or functional purposes, depending on the situation.
Stickers can come in many different shapes and sizes and also vary widely in color and design.
They often adhere to items such as lunchboxes, paper, lockers, notebooks, walls, cars, windows, and so on.”
So, we can simply define stickers as labels with adhesives on one side.
The adhesive side is stuck on plain surfaces. They are used for branding or decorative purposes.
Some people simply collect stickers are valuables.
What Are Digital Stickers?
Digital stickers are stickers that can be downloaded from the Internet.
They are created with tools that allow users to download them online.
Most digital stickers can be printed and they come in image formats like JPG and PNG, etc.
Most of these stickers are printable that comes as posts, tapes, pictures, etc.
Tips on How to Make Your Own Digital Stickers
If you have the skill to create or design stickers, then you can start making money with them.
To create your digital stickers, here are tips you will find very useful:
Get Inspiration To Start Your Sticker Design
Draw and design unique stickers that are relevant and meaningful to people.
Also, you can come up with stickers with a humorous touch.
A lot of people appreciate stickers with a comic touch.
Use The Right Creative Tools To Design Your Stickers
You may need to use some free tools online.
Or, to enjoy more features, you can go for paid tools or buy an online course to learn more about sticker designs.
Some platforms would also give you access to a more relevant sticker template to make your design stand out and unique.
The basic tools you will need to create or design stickers include sticker papers, a cutting machine, and a printer.
Outsource Your Digital Stickers Design
If you cannot design stickers on your own, or you don’t have the time because of other commitments then you can outsource them to others.
You can connect with many freelancers and independent contractors out there to design stickers for you.
You can ask them to use their inspiration or you can simply tell them what you want.
Some freelancer sites like Upwork or Fiverr.com come in handy to help you design stickers.
You Need To Price Your Sticker Appropriately After Design
You can work out the average cost and set the right margin price.
Make sure you price your sticker appropriately so you will not incur a loss.
Set Up A Shop To Sell Your Digital Stickers At Etsy
This is one of the best platforms to sell printable-like digital stickers.
You can set up a shop and set your price and promote your shop.
How to Sell Digital Stickers and Other Items on Etsy
Whether you want to sell a digital sticker or any other item on Etsy, there are steps you should follow. These are:
You have to visit the site and register as a seller.
Set up a shop on the platform and following these steps as guided by Etsy:
- Add photos and videos of your stickers.
- Choose your thumbnail image of the digital sticker.
- Add listing details – List your stickers on the right categories. Etsy demands that any item you are listing must fall under any of the following categories – handmade, vintage, or craft supply. You can pay a listing fee of $0.20. The listings are active for four months, or until they sell.
- Describe your listing – Add a very good description of the sticker so that customers will know what the sticker is all about.
Meanwhile, here are tips on how to add files to a digital listing as described by Etsy:
How to Add Files to a Digital Listing
Digital items are items that the buyer can download immediately.
Listing a digital item is similar to listing any other item on Etsy.
Follow the instructions to list an item on Etsy and choose Digital item under Type.
The only additional step for listing a digital item is to add files to your listing.
How to add files to your digital listing
When listing a digital item, you’ll need to upload the files that the buyer is purchasing. You can upload up to five digital files.
The maximum size for each file is 20MB. We currently support file types that end in:
Uploaded files will appear in a list with their names, file sizes, and upload dates.
The file names you see will be the same ones your buyers see.
We don’t have a way of editing the name after uploading, so be sure to name your files appropriately first.
File names are limited to 70 alphanumeric characters, periods, underscores, or hyphens.”
- Add your inventory and pricing – describe the rate at which customers can download the sticker.
- Set up shipping – since you are selling digital stickers, there would be no need to set up shipping details. Once customers pay, they can download the files online.
- Marketing – You choose to promote your digital stickers through the Etsy Ads campaign or not. You only pay a fee when you make a sale from one of those ads.
- Publish or save your listing – When you are done with the above steps, you can edit your details or click on Publish and have your listing published. The digital stickers will appear in the Etsy search results within 24 hours.
Why Sell Stickers On Etsy?
There are lots of reasons to sell digital stickers on Etsy. These include:
- You can set up a shop and sell your sticker.
- You can design and upload your sticker.
- You can set your price and keep 100% of the profit.
- You will have to pay a small listing fee of $0.20 per item for four months or when the item sells.
- You can enjoy the promotion of your item and pay when your item sells.
- You can start a digital sticker business on Etsy and start making money on your terms.
- Your digital stickers can be explored by millions of buyers who visit the Etsy marketplace every day.
- You can take advantage of Etsy’s marketing tools to sell your stickers successfully. Etsy’s Seller Handbook can really help you get started selling your stickers on Etsy.
- You can upload and sell your digital sticker irrespective of the digital file it was created with.
- You easily categorize your digital stickers or downloads for easy exposure.
- You can easily manage your digital store using Etsy’s guides.
- You can take advantage of Etsy’s app and sell your digital stickers on the go.
As this article has shown, how to sell Stickers isn’t that hard on Etsy.
It explained exactly how selling Stickers work on Etsy, especially doing things the right way, to make good money.
And most importantly, it revealed top tips that can help you. Some of the tips that can help you attract more customers and sales include – design quality stickers, set acceptable prices, promote your shop heavily, and offer after-sales service.