Social marketers should get on with Pinterest marketing today. Facebook, Twitter and Google + are leading social platforms, yet Pinterest is still not considered by a majority of people or business.
If you aren’t allowing pinning on boards as part of your social marketing strategy then you should rethink because Pinterest is still a force to be reckoned with when it comes to social media marketing.
There are clear reasons to use Pinterest and you should be mindful of them if you want to get a grip of successful social marketing.
Here are Pinterest marketing tips that should help you maximize social media marketing.
- Signing up with Pinterest is easy and it may not take up to five minutes before you start creating post and Pinning.
- Pinterest is visually based hence images can be used to promote exposures and conversions for brands.
- Pinterest Users can include little contents in the form of blurbs or endorsements on the images. This readily gives clearer details about the image even as backlinks are built.
- Same images as shared on your website or blog can still be used on the Pinterest website. So you don’t need to create new images on your Pin board.
- Pinterest users can share images made my others to attract interested followers.
According to research conducted by Digital Insights in 2014, many users still prefer Facebook as the favorite social media platform. The stats far outweigh Pinterest usage. It was reported that Facebook rakes about 1.2 billion active monthly users whereas Pinterest users are just in the 40 million range. However, in 2015 Pinterest usage (over 100 million) has soared and if you have not been leveraging on this platform then you may have to rethink.
Reasons to go for Pinterest marketing today include:
- The platform helps business reach target female audience. Yes, RJ Metrics research from 2014 revealed that 80% of users on Pinterest are the female folks. If this be the case then marketers that offer female-related items can explore and exploit Pinterest maximally.
- Pinterest is your best social platform if you share topics that could be expressed or explained better with images. For instance, keyword that has to do hospitality, entertainment, DIY projects, Arts and Craft, Home Decor, etc., can be explained better with images.
- You can post on Weekends with ease if you doing Pinterest marketing. Weekend pining is perfect to get traction with this social platform.
Getting the best from Pinterest from your Pinterest marketing
Here are tips to get the most from Pinterest
- Images shared on Pinterest must be of the highest quality to gain traction. You don’t need to be professional photographer to create and share quality images. You simply can use a good camera and basic color-correction software to produce an appealing image.
- Images with decent lighting, little background information, and taken at close range make the most of impact as researched by Curalate.
- Heavily colored images make the most of impact than unsaturated or black-and-white photos.
Pinterest is a social platform you can embrace today. It has many benefits you can explore and exploit for your business.
What is your take on Pinterest marketing? Are you making the most of it?