Simple Twitter Strategy With Immediate Results
Engage With Your Twitter Followers On A Regular Basis
By Alerting Them To Your Quality Content
When your engagement increases with your Twitter followers, you should enjoy these benefits:
- More retweets, mentions, and likes
- Higher Klout score
- Stronger relationships
- Increased authority status
You want to alert particular Twitter followers to your specific quality content that you know they will be interested in.
Here are 14 steps to take on a regular schedule that will assure you reach that goal and enjoy the above benefits.
(1) Turn off automated follow back
(2) Turn on email notification of new followers, likes, mentions, etc.
(3) Put those you follow into the appropriate folder based on their profile interests or website content.
The email folders shown below were set up, because I want to share niche blog directory list posts with new followers.
(4) Record in a specific category the Twitter identity of designated new followers
I use Evernote to record this data
I set up a notebook called !! Social Media and !! Tweets @ is the title of the relevant note:
@ghi @jkl @888
@mno @zyx @222 @922
@pqr @488 @119 @555
@stu @vwx @333 @739
Just add the Twitter ID of chosen new followers to your Evernote list
(5) Set up a !! Tweets note in your Social Media notebook.
(The !! is included in the title to push it to the top of an alphabetized list).
(6) Record tweet headline complete with bit.ly url (or your favorite shortener)
(7) When you have 4 Twitter IDs in the same category, copy and paste them at the end of the relevant tweet you have saved. Publish your tweet.
The DONE notation (see #4 above) indicates that you have published a tweet with those IDs immediately below included.
(8) Sample Tweet
http://bit.ly/223XOGr Moms-Women Blog Directories @mno @123 @456 @789
The Twitter IDs would normally be those of moms or women that have followed me.
(9) Be sure to include a relevant image with your tweet
(10) Put retweets, likes, and mentions from followers included in your tweets in a designated folder
(11) From the above folder make a list on Evernote of the Twitter ID, plus any blog/website url
These are the priority individuals that you want to build relationships with. You have already stated to build authority status with a valuable tweet that got recognized.
(12) Once you have included followers in a tweet and they have retweeted, mentioned, or liked the tweet, visit their blog and add a meaningful comment on a relevant post.
If the site is an ordinary website, tweet a link to quality content. Include their Twitter ID.
(13) Visit 1-3 followers sites EVERY DAY as part of a daily work routine.
Over the long-term this approach is guaranteed to build relationships, increase your authority status, and multiply the retweets and backlinks to your own quality content.
(14) Get in the habit of recording all tweets on Evernote. Add new tweets to the top of your existing list to avoid having to scroll down a long list to find newer tweets.
When you encounter an influencer in your niche, it is just seconds worth of effort to copy and paste a tweet of your high quality, relevant content with that individual’s Twitter ID attached.
This effort can be the first step in a successful effort to build a relationship with someone with a strong presence in your niche.
A sample from my Evernote tweet list:
http://bit.ly/1QqOBFO Moms-Women Blog Directories
http://bit.ly/1If2u1h Powerful Food Blog Directory List
http://bit.ly/1KvItoh Book Blog Directory List
http://bit.ly/1Rf4obh Music Blog Directory List
http://bit.ly/20tAeSS Sports Blog Directory List
http://ift.tt/1TvtVc2 IFTTT – Recipes For The Small Business Owner
Its so easy to use this technique when you have a ready inventory of previous tweets available leading to quality content.
Start today building your relationships and authority status. No excuses!
This post was originally published in http://trafficnymphomaniac.com/increase-twitter-retweets-mentions-and-likes-with-this-simple-technique/ by Robert A Kearse